Halt! This Is A BS Free Zone

Sam For City Council Calls on Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio To Halt All New York State and New York City Taxes and Fines

An open letter by Sam Pirozzolo to Mayor DeBlasio, Governor Cuomo, and Residents of New York Affected by COVID-19 Business Closures and Lockdown.  The text of the open letter follows the image of the letter, shown below:

NO More Fees For New York Businesses And Residents Affected By COVID 19 Pandemic

March 3,2020

With Governor Cuomo “closing the valve” and shutting down businesses, closing schools and telling people to stay home he should also be helping New Yorkers remain financially viable by halting the collection of state and city taxes and fines.

All real estate taxes, sales taxes, speed camera taxes and others should be halted for at least three months. It is rather ridiculous to completely stop the income of so many families while continuing to burden them with taxes, fines and tickets. If you are considering forgiving the crimes of prison inmates and letting prisoners out of jail due to the Coronavirus then certainly, we can skip a few speed camera tickets, or delay the collection of city and state taxes.

Halt! This Is A BS Free Zone

Halt! This Is A BS Free Zone

I am calling for the immediate halt to such income draining fees during these mandatorily business closed times. I would like to see that all taxes are added to the term of existing tax bills — interest free regardless of payment issues.

I would like to hear Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio ask banks and credit card companies to allow customers to halt payments penalty free for at least three to six months with their missed payments added to their term — interest free regardless of payment issues.

If our elected leaders really want people to stay home, then they should step up to the plate and put their money (our money) where their mouth is. Reduce everyone’s financial burden and help them stay at home and cope with mandatory income killing restrictions.

The views and opinions stated in the letter, reprinted above, are solely those of its author, Sam Pirozzolo, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors or managers of StatenIslander.org

• Avatar Confused In Staten Island says:

Look, this may sound messed up to you, but I don’t really care.

I work, my girlfriend works, but together we can’t afford much.

So, we have a storage unit, with hopes we can one day get a larger apartment. I know many people think if you have a storage unit you’re worthless. That’s just not true.

Just so you know I have good credit, but if I use it it won’t be so good, will it now? We just don’t earn enough, both college grads, work full time.

What I want to know is this. Is the storage place going to stop charging? Especially if we can’t even access our stuff.

We pretty much lived hand to mouth, our “savings” are already being blown through because out income is now ZERO dollars between us.

• Avatar Judy K. says:

Sam is a local voice that stands for us all. I admit I wasn’t a Trump supporter then or now but when I read about the giant T on his lawn getting torched I could sympathize. His family. His house. He put it on the line to use his freedom of speech rights. We have free speech and thankfully all politics aside, this man is using his to say what we all want to say lately. Once again. So thank you Sam, for being a good neighbor to us all. If more of us risked our comfort we’d probably have more accountable government and maybe not even have this mess. Why were flights not halted? Why no thermometers for travelers from overseas? Too little too late. I just hope we can make it.

• Avatar DEF JINN says:

WHAT IN THE F***!?

WHY ARE THESE CAMERAS EVEN OPERATING?!

SCHOOL IS MORE CLOSED THAN IT EVER WILL BE AGAIN!!

F*** THIS BULLS****! I’M HAPPY SAM HAS THE B**** TO SAY SOMETHING.

DISGUSTING.

• Avatar language says:

language

• Avatar Dirk says:

**** ***, piece of *** *******. Get a ****** life and stop trying to be the morality police. Want to be moral? ******* do something for your community besides trying to tell anyone else what words they can and can’t use.

• Avatar Dirk is a d................... says:

Dirk, I get your point.

But try to understand there are younger readers here and some of us care about what they’re exposed to. Cuss all you want, they’re just going to remove those words anyway.

If that’s what’s important to you, using profanity, you don’t get free speech in the first place.

• why indeed

Ju$t another day in New York City, kid$

• Avatar StatenIslander.org_Editor says:

Many apologies to the readers who took issue with the original text in the image accompanying this piece.

We thank you (especially Joan H.) for calling our attention to the matter, and it has been thoroughly resolved with a couple of well-placed asterisks.

We definitely appreciate your input. It’s been hectic here lately, and that sort of slipped by us. Editors are not infallible!

-Staten Islander News Organization Editors

• Avatar Thank you Mr. Pirozolo says:

Thank you Mr. Pirozolo for standing up for us all. It’s not even a matter of politics, it’s just what’s right.