Nicole Malliotakis and President Obama After Hurricane Sandy

OPINION: Sam Pirozzolo and RINOs in the Republican Party

Ok, folks, it is time to put an end to this nonsense. The Republican Party on Staten Island has become dysfunctional and socially impaired, and it can no longer be ignored. Yesterday, I was tagged in a social media post by someone named Nicolas. I don’t know this kid and he surely doesn’t know me. So, I would have to believe that someone put him up to this little stunt.

Here is what happened: Little Nicky thought it would be a good idea to tag me, Bobby Zahn, and Brendan T. Lantry in a post that was anti-Nicole Malliotakis. He posted the picture below which is a picture of Nicole and President Obama. This picture was taken during the Hurricane Sandy aftermath when Obama visited our island and Nicole had an opportunity to speak directly to the President on behalf of her constituents. So, in my opinion, Little Nicky’s intent can be seen as nothing less than an attempt to start yet another episode of republicans cannibalizing each other on Staten Island.

Nicole Malliotakis and President Obama After Hurricane Sandy

Nicole Malliotakis and President Obama After Hurricane Sandy

So my response to Little Nicky is, how can he so loudly proclaim his dislike for Nicole yet sit quietly by while Joe Borelli invites Jumaane Williams to his home for a peace talk since they were both running for Public Advocate? How about all of the other pictures that our republican electeds have taken with democrats? How about every statement from Joe Borelli, Vinny Ignizio, Andrew Lanza, and Jimmy Oddo where they tout their “bipartisan” relationships with democrats?
Joe Borelli and Jumaane Williams

Joe Borelli and Jumaane Williams

In fact, that raises a question about a lot of things. If we want to talk about RINOs then why don’t we speak about the ENTIRE Republican Party on Staten Island? When I say entire, I specifically mean the people in leadership who are willing to cut deals to, 1) keep their pensions going, and 2) move into new jobs like judgeships to keep their pensions going.

Yes, folks, pensions are what really drive politics for the Staten Island GOP. Not to get off track but here is just one small example – the new homeless shelter being built on Victory Blvd near Bay Street. Every single politician that allegedly took a stand opposing this shelter is in their last year of office. Debi Rose is term-limited out and needs another city job for her pension, Jimmy Oddo is term-limited out and could use another job to continue his city pension – not to mention his “close”, “bipartisan” relationship with former City Council Speaker Christine Quinn who is spearheading the project to build the shelter.

For the most part, our other electeds like Joe Borelli and Steven Matteo have had little to say, in my opinion, because silence is golden during times of city projects that “help” people, and heck, the shelter is going on the North Shore, it’s not going in my district so I will be quiet so I don’t have to take a stand.

It’s not that I think they don’t want to help people; it’s more like I think they feel protected because they shook their fists and said this is wrong while they know all along this shelter is not in their districts. The point of this, as a Republican, is that the shelter should NOT be built at all, not on the North Shore or any shore. If you want to address the root cause of homelessness then teach people how to provide for themselves; give them a hand up not a handout!

Anyway, that was just an example, in my opinion, of what goes on behind the scenes yet in plain sight; back to Little Nicky and his picture. I am publicly giving the opportunity to Joe Borelli, Vinny Ignizio, Jimmy Oddo, Andrew Lanza, Brendan T. Lantry, and any other sane republicans on Staten Island to publicly denounce this underground movement to sabotage Nicole’s campaign.

After all, you all have publicly supported Nicole, haven’t you? Joe, you are Trump’s guy on Staten Island, aren’t you going to defend Trump’s pick for Congress, or will you sit idly by and chuckle while it happens? Nicole was chosen by the SIGOP to run for congress, she SO easily defeated a misguided coup attempt and now this.

Little Nicky is a nobody who, in my opinion, was put up to this by somebody, and all of our electeds need to say that it is time to unify our party, support Nicole and stop the treachery. It’s time to stop turning a blind eye to the hypocrisy that allows Little Nicky to attack Nicole for representing her constituency during the worst natural disaster on Staten Island while not putting forth the same condemnation for other republicans on Staten Island. The SIGOP needs new leadership and new elected officials.

*The opinions and views expressed in this opinion piece do not necessarily reflect the views of StatenIslander.org or its editors. It is published with the intent of providing a voice to its author.

• Avatar Elect Sam says:

I totally respect Sam. Probably more than the lying snakes we’re stuck with. Nicole maybe has Trump’s thumbs up but she hardly deserves it.

She shows her face for five minutes then jets. That’s her M.O.

She shows her face so nobody can say she wasn’t somwhere, but never sticks around long enough to ‘get in trouble’ with Dems.

How can I say good job when she’s too scared to give an opinion?

Working ‘across the aisle’ is one thing. But she’s ridiculous. Typical politician.

Here’s to Mr. Pirozolo’s campaign. We need more solid citizens like him.

• Avatar Tony Esposito says:

What can she do? The lamestream media has created this situation. Oh and social media. We’re in a bad situation. No politician can say or do very much without being attacked and their name on every headline with a fake BS story.

• Avatar Reynold says:

I like that Nicole has a photo with President Obama and she’s not embarrassed. Look, I’m not one of the idiot Republican constituents. I actually have a brain.

President Obama was a smart man, and our nation’s first African American president. I’m proud that we had a black president. And, he wasn’t so bad. All the talk of him being the antichrist was total horse sh*t.

I want someone like Nicole who isn’t an idiot, and can collaborate with Democratic lawmakers to get things done. She sets a good example and shows that there’s nothing to be ashamed of in collaborating with the ‘other side’. Far from it.

Nicole has my vote. Why? Let’s think about it for a second. The president likes her. The people like her., She has a good background. And, she doesn’t act like she’s too good for the job.

• Avatar [name withheld] says:

F**K her. A vote for Nichole is a vote thrown away.

I will only vote for her b/c I’d rather have her than a (D) elected.

But let’s be honest. She does very little.

• Avatar WATCH THIS VIDEO OF NICOLE IN ACTION: says:

WATCH THIS VIDEO OF NICOLE IN ACTION:

You can vote for her b/cu don’t have a choice. But really,we need a better selection of candidates.

• Avatar .... says:

What does this prove?

• Avatar Tony Esposito says:

She doesn’t believe COVID was a conspiracy? Saying that would be the end of her political career. Though of course, it’s obvious that at first we were told it came from a ***CHINESE*** lab and it was a chimera, made up of different viruses.

I didn’t forget it. Did you? This video is insane. The virus is very real. The shutdown may have not been needed, but the virus was real, all the same.

• Avatar The Joker says:

Does a RINO have a horn? They sure TOOT their own horn! HAHA

How does a white rhino and a black rhino differ? (not a racist Q)

A black RHINO (not a RINO) has 84 chromosomes, while the white ones have 82. Fun fact for you.

How bout how a white and black RINO differ? They DON’T! HAHA

• Avatar Time for a fresh start: Pirozzolo, Paul Ciurcina, Marko Kepi, ??? says:

Joe Borelli = F**KING CLOWN

Wake up Staten Island conservatives these guys are bad news and don’t give a f**k about you or your family or your business. Where was Nicole when we were all shut down dipping into our savings to keep our small businesses afloat? call a spade a spade and realize she’s no good.

• Avatar Vote RED says:

Excuse me but I was at the Sunbelievable rally and Nicole was there. She spoke.

Did you? You don’t even give your name. Your so brave. I’m guessing you didn’t say boo b/c some anon poster would have the b**ls to come forward with who they really are.

If you really dislike he, at least get your facts right.

• Avatar Tony Esposito says:

Ms.Malliotakis is a caeer politician. But for a politician, she aint so bad.

Consider that she worked in Marchi’s office. Hopefully, she picked up his spark.

It looks like she’s a bit too interested in playing the partisan politics game, so common in 2020.

I hope she realizes we’ll all like her more if she is bolder and takes stronger positions. Hiding from controversy…and she’s only lukewarm.

If she follow’s in Marchi’s footsteps and takes more risks, she’ll be rewarded.

• Avatar vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv says:

I like the fact that Ms. Malliotakis took a photo with President Obama. After all, he was the Commander In Chief, and to me it shows that she was an American first, Republican second.