Borelli, Invites Staten Islanders to Participate in Holiday Wreath-Making Competition for Return of ‘Deck the Streets’
Minority Leader Joseph Borelli (R-South Shore) is teaming up for another year of holiday cheer with non-profit group, ArtBridge Projects and the South Shore Business Improvement District (South Shore BID) for their annual “Deck the Streets,” holiday wreath making project and competition!
All provided art materials are free and will be distributed at Council Member Borelli’s Office located at 2955 Veterans Road West Suite #2E Staten Island, NY to assist participants in creating unique, festive, artful wreaths and ornaments of the artisans’ choice. All wreaths will be hung from streets posts and other South Shore locations in Annadale, Eltingville and Great Kills.
Staten Islanders will have an opportunity to vote online for their favorite wreaths. Voting submissions are open from Sunday December 11th, coinciding with the kick-off of the Annadale Christmas Tree Lighting, to Friday December 16th, 2022. Please use the following link to vote: https://pollunit.com/en/polls/g-qkb1qrb9nggzx-mfelbw.
Borelli said, “I’m excited to be holding this event for the third year in conjunction with ArtBridge and the South Shore Business Improvement District. Each year, the entries have gotten bigger and better and I can’t wait to see this year’s submissions.”
Gary Fleming, President of South Shore Business Improvement District, “We’re happy to be joining forces with Councilman Borelli and ArtBridge once again for this great contest that helps to beautify our district in addition to the lighting displays we have already placed throughout the towns. We look forward to meeting the winner and awarding them with a BID Bucks gift card to be used in a local small business.”
Provided below are instructions for participants looking to get involved and sign up.
· All Staten Island residents are welcome to participate and can call (718) 984-5151 to register. Free art supplies will be available at the Council Members’ district office, starting December 2nd through December 7th.
· Participants can create any holiday theme of their choosing, from hand-painted wreaths, to uniquely designed ornaments, to dazzling collages of stars—the more creative the better.
· After finishing your creation(s), you can drop them off at the Councilman’s office, no later than Friday, December 8th, which will work with the South Shore BID to hang them.
· Artists name and information will be added to the project.
· Voting will be conducted online to determine the winner.
· Winner will win a “BID Bucks” gift card, which can be used at any business within the towns of Annadale, Eltingville and Great Kills.
ArtBridge, known for their work in the New York City community to empower local artists to transform prominent urban spaces into gallery quality exhibitions, has helped to beautify some South Shore neighborhoods. You may have even seen some of their art exhibits, such as the “Welcome to” signs located in Annadale, Great Kills and Eltingville, as sponsored by Minority Leader Borelli.
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to (718) 984-5151 or email [email protected].
Banner Image: Event flyer. Image Credit – CM Joe Borelli