Boy Scout Troops 74 and 2 are placing boxes in both our churches for household essentials which are needed for the homeless programs at the Brooklyn VA hospital.
They seek the following supplies:
shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand/body cream, face moisturizer, deodorant, lip balm, tissues, household detergents, household cleansers, new towels, new pillows, liquid soap, (no bar soap). Collections run through May 22.
Bring donations to St Adalbert’s and St Roch’s parishes.
The veterans will be presented with our donations on Memorial Day.
On November 5, 1896 a group of 45 people met to establish a Polish parish on Staten Island. They elected officers and formed a committee to present their appeal to the Archbishop of New York, Michael Augustine Corrigan. Among the group of 45 was Mr. Stanislaus Jakubowski who was elected President of the committee. Descendants of Mr. Jakubowski still attend Sunday Mass at St Adalbert Church today.
On September 21, 1922, His Eminence, Patrick Cardinal Hayes, appointed Father Catello Terrone to be the first pastor of St. Roch Church. On December 2, 1922, a document was received from Cardinal Pompili, the Vicar General of Rome, testifying to the authenticity of the relics of St. Roch, St. Anthony, St. Lucy, St. Rita and St. Ann, which were housed in the altar stone.
Leave a Reply