Scott LoBaido Protest Against Migrant Shelter At St. John Villa On Staten Island

On Monday night, hundreds of concerned residents and politicians showed up for Scott LoBaido’s Protest-a-Palooza, on the site of the former St. John Villa Catholic high school, Staten Island. The protest is in response to the migrant shelter already active at the site.

Many present claimed that the site was put into operation without any input from local politicians or from the residents themselves. Most concerning to those present, including the speakers, is that the school is across the street from an active elementary school, with another elementary school nearby. An all-girls Catholic high school is next to the elementary school that is around the corner. This is a concern to residents because the migrants are not vetted, and they are also not being given health care.

Scott anticipated that the protests will continue. Several days ago, a judge issued a temporary restraining order and a vacate order for the migrants at the site, however, the City has appealed that decision. Thus, the former school can continue to operate as a migrant shelter.

Scott LoBaido speaks at the Protest-a-Palooza at the migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit - Sean Fitzpatrick

Scott LoBaido speaks at the Protest-a-Palooza at the migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Rep. Malliotakis has vowed to continue the legal fight to prevent this former school, as well as other proposed shelter sites such as Fort Wadsworth, from opening or operating on Staten Island.

Scott LoBaido Protest-a-Palooza at migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Hundreds gather at the Protest-a-Palooza at migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Mayor Adams sign at Protest-a-Palooza at migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

The large crowd gathered to protest the migrant shelter at St. John Villa on Staten Island listening to John Tabacco. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Curtis Sliwa addresses the crowd protesting the migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Residents holding a sign at the Protest-a-Palooza at the migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Sign posted to a light pole at Protest-a-Palooza at migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

A dog displaying the American Flag, at Scott LoBaido’s Protest-a-Palooza at migrant shelter on site of former Catholic high school St. John Villa. Image Credit – Sean Fitzpatrick

Banner Image: Video cover. Image Credit – Staten Islander News/Sean Fitzpatrick

Sean Fitzpatrick

My name is Sean Fitzpatrick, but you can call me Fitz. I'm a professional photographer from the borough of (Shaolin) Staten Island. I have been shooting since I was 21 years old once I received my first camera after I graduated from the University of Seton Hall. Photography originally started off as a hobby, but now it's become my career. It is the best way I can express who I am as an artist and individual.

• Avatar anon says:

Heroic

Scott, keep up the good work

I love immigrants even the illegal immigrants on the North Shore. This is a whole different level. They think we’re dumb. I’m afraid for the future..

• Avatar xfhsdrygfx says:

I really don’t know what the endgame is. Like why are they coming on buses? And why is this happening right now? This can’t go on forever. What will the end result be? Will it be high crime? Will the migrants go back home? Some can’t. It’s a bad situation.

I think Mayor Adams is right that they dumped on a BLACK MAN. And five other BLACK mayors, too. But I think he is a master of strategy. He put them migrants near the VZ because it’s near Scott Lobadio over in New Dorp. He couldn’t protest this outright as a Dem, so…

• Avatar Damon says:

don’t think like that. they’re probably staying. our economy will have to absorb it.

But frikkin HOW?! I ask you.

• Avatar Daveyboy says:

Why hate on Mayor Adams?

He doesn’t want his hospitality being trampled upon, either!

Did you hear what he said? NYCers are going to have fewer services so we can keep the migrants here,

Did the Bronx strike oil or something? What in the everloving **** is going on here? HOW WILL WE PAY FOR THIS!

Mayor Adams is okay. They put him in a bind. We can’t be political ******* anymore.

• Avatar Former Scott Hater says:

I’ve grown to like Scott. To tell the truth, I used to not like him based on the skewed presentation by major media. Even the right, they make him seem loony. Actually a down to Earth guy. Good soul.

And really he is a crazy good artist. I was sold on the BS that he paints by number (those flags everywhere) bc he is a lousy artist. Actually, he’s gifted, and not just backwater SI gifted. He is as good as any full time fine artist out there raking in tens of millions.

• Avatar Tommy says:

Scott is without a doubt a good guy.

• Avatar be real says:

they are just MAGA wake up

• Avatar Bart Simpson says:

I think that if you say all this you should support him. That’s how artists work. He gives to the community. He creates. He envisions. He acts. All on OUR behalf. Just because he has a soul.

Oh, and, the flags are amazing. I love them. What Scott does is called Americana art. It’s an interesting genre with a long history.

But he also does all the cool activism performance art as well.

You can’t put a price on all of that. It’s art of the sake of art and life. An artist playing the true role of artist in the community.

You can’t put a price tag on all the times he came out in defense of his ideals.

I think Scott followed his path and that’s the most anyone can do. He lives the dream!

• Avatar free the **** says:

True American hero

Not a sell out

• Avatar dumping people is a sin says:

dumping people is a sin

• Avatar informed says:

It’s a mayor in Texas, or maybe the governor, I am not up on this all..anyway the story is he dumped the people in NYC by the busload because we had the sanctuary city status.

• Avatar Denise says:

yeahhhhhh howz this abt the children? hmmmm

• Avatar good coverage says:

good coverage

• Avatar Joey says:

I hope an answer comes soon. I am Catholic and we are to take care of refugees. I’m sure Jews and Muslims are bound to do this, too. So we need to help these people. I think the idea of the president finding them jobs is a good one. But I don’t think NYC can handle a million refugees all at once.

• Avatar east shore for life says:

And he’s amazing in terms of his ideas. Just a creative soul. The stuff he puts together is genius.

I like that he never sold out. **** money!

Money and that ‘success lifestyle’ is hollow. What Scott does…it will make the history books, if we have them…

With that said…if you really like his art and have the funds, he does have a gallery and you can purchase his works. Not sure where, just Google it.

• Avatar Louis S. says:

But he also does all the cool activism performance art as well.

I think Scott followed his path and that’s the most anyone can do. He lives the dream.